2005 Annual Auto Car and Truck Show Saturday
• Gilroy – The Gilroy Elks’ Lodge, 2765 Hecker Pass Highway,
extends a special invitation to all owners of autos and trucks made
prior to 1972, to join the 2005 Annual Auto Car and Truck Show
2005 Annual Auto Car and Truck Show Saturday
• Gilroy – The Gilroy Elks’ Lodge, 2765 Hecker Pass Highway, extends a special invitation to all owners of autos and trucks made prior to 1972, to join the 2005 Annual Auto Car and Truck Show Saturday.
Registration will be considered up to the date of the event at a late registration fee of $35 from 9:30 to 10:45am, followed by the spectator show and judging from 11am to 3pm and prizes and acknowledgments at 3:15pm. Parking starts at 9:30am.
Bring the entire family to enjoy the auto show, food, refreshments and raffle drawing. A no-host bar will be open.
Raffles prizes include tools, gift certificates, dinners, auto related car care products and gift baskets.
All proceeds will benefit local benefactors of the lodge.
Details: Charles Rusciano at 360-8550 or fax 360-8512, or call Jerry Brearton at 718-5582.
Learn basic business bookkeeping, marketing
• Gilroy – Get control of your business with the basic, written (no computers), double entry bookkeeping system, along with simple filing and record keeping techniques.
Business banking, auto and petty cash records and working with an accountant will also be touched on in this fast passed workshop.
The workshop will be held Tuesday, June from noon to 3pm at the Gavilan College SBDC office’s in the Dry Creek Village Center, 8351 Church St., Building E.
The cost for this three-hour workshop is $20, payable in advance or at the door.
This marketing class will provide an overview of basic strategies. The instructor will discuss creating a plan to successfully market your business products or services. Come learn action-oriented strategies for your small business marketing needs.
The workshop will be held Wednesday, from 10am to noon at the Community Services and Workforce Development Office, 1131 San Felipe Road, Hollister.
The cost for this two-hour workshop is $20 payable in advance or at the door.
Due to limited space for both classes, call in advance to pre-register at (408) 847-0373.
Gilroy Gators swim team needs raffle items
• Gilroy – The Gilroy Gators Swim Team is in need of items for the raffle during their annual “Swim-A-Thon” on June 23.
Proceeds from the event will go toward offsetting expenses to keep the Gators swimming.
To donate an item send them to 777 First St. PMB 183, Gilroy, CA 95020 or call Nicole at 848-4420.
Bonfante Gardens race benefits Art Center
• Gilroy – A 5K and 10K race and walk at Bonfante Gardens, June 25, will benefit the planned Arts Center in Gilroy.
An entry fee includes a Bonfante Gardens ticket and Reek Run T-Shirt. Preregistration has ended, but day of race registration is available from 6:45 to 7:30am for $25. Start time is 8am.
Rummage sale benefits animal shelter
• San Martin – The Friends Of San Martin Animal Shelter (FOSMAS) will be conducting their annual Rummage Sale Friday from noon to 8pm, Saturday from 8am to 7pm, and Sunday from 10am to 4pm. The sale will be held at the shelter, 12370 Murphy Ave.
Find great deals on furniture, household items, pet supplies, tools, garden decorations and more. All clothes will be on sale for only 50 cents.
Proceeds from the sale will help purchase food and medical supplies needed for the animals at the shelter.
Details: 683-4186 or the shelter at 686-3900.
‘Aladdin Jr.’ continues on stage this weekend
• Morgan Hill – South Valley Civic Theatre presents children’s show Aladdin Jr. June 17, 18, 24 and 25 at the Morgan Hill Community Playhouse .
On Fridays and Saturdays, show times are 8pm. There are matinees Saturday and Sunday at 2pm.
The music is by Alan Menken and the lyrics are by Howard Ashman and Tim Rice. It is produced by April Ouellette and Jon Reed and directed by Colleen Chipman.
Adults tickets cost $15. Children, students and seniors are $12. Tickets are available at Morgan Hill Community Center, Booksmart in Morgan Hill, Gilroy Visitors Bureau.
Details: www.svct.org or (408) 842-SHOW.
SM Horsemen Poker Ride Saturday at Calero Park
• San Jose – The San Martin Horsemen Association is having a Poker Ride on Saturday, at Calero County Park, San Jose.
Registration at 8:30am, ride-out at 10am. Lunch and prizes, $15 for SMHA adult members, $20 for non-members, $10 for junior members.
Everyone is welcome.
Send news items to City Editor Robert Airoldi. FAX to 842-2206, mail to Gilroy Dispatch, 6400 Monterey Road, Gilroy, CA 95020, or e-mail [email protected]