– A Gilroy Unified School District bus was driven into a pepper
field near Bloomfield Avenue and Frazier Lake Road, damaging an air
vent, hydrant, irrigation valve and several bell peppers and
causing $4,703 in damage, between 5:30 and 6:15 a.m. Aug. 3. The
driver is no longer employed by the GUSD.
– A Gilroy Unified School District bus was driven into a pepper field near Bloomfield Avenue and Frazier Lake Road, damaging an air vent, hydrant, irrigation valve and several bell peppers and causing $4,703 in damage, between 5:30 and 6:15 a.m. Aug. 3. The driver is no longer employed by the GUSD.
– The windows of a 2001 gray Mercedes SLK230 parked near Palm Avenue and Monterey Road in Morgan Hill were broken, causing about $400 in damage, between 7:30 and 8:55 p.m. Oct. 10.
– The paint of a 2003 green Chevrolet Silverado parked on the 400 block of Lena Avenue was scratched and its windows were broken, between 6 and 11:40 p.m. Oct. 9.
– Fermin Escobedo-Ruiz, 24, of Gilroy, 9:25 p.m. Oct. 10, on the 3800 block of Pacheco Pass Road for breaking the windows of a 1998 red Acura Integra belonging to a man with whom he got into an argument over cowboy boots.
Drunk in public
– Jose Guadalupe Lara Lopez, 39, of San Martin, 6:20 p.m. Oct. 10, near Condit Road and East Dunne Avenue in Morgan Hill after urinating on himself at a rodeo.
– Ricardo Lopez-Castillo, 22, of San Jose, 5:25 p.m. Oct. 10, on the 17500 block of Condit Road in Morgan Hill after being involved at a disturbance at a rodeo.
– Cesar Villarreal, 62, of Gilroy, 5 p.m. Oct. 10, near Monterey Road and Cox Avenue in San Martin after handwriting and signing a letter stating he removed merchandise from the Boot Barn, his employer, without paying.
Driving under the influence
– John Michael Kent, 22, of Morgan Hill, 10:57 a.m. Oct. 10, near Santa Teresa Boulevard and San Martin Avenue in San Martin for driving under the influence and possessing an inhalant for intoxication.
Under the influence of a controlled substance
– Darren Shane Baker, 41, of Gilroy, and Joeann Marie Vaughn-Galvan, 37, of Hollister, 2:57 a.m. Oct. 10, on the 7300 block of Carmel Street during a probation search.
– Zoe Teague, 20, of Gilroy, 11:27 p.m. Oct. 6, near Monterey Road and Cosmo Avenue in Morgan Hill for being under the influence of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Furnishing alcohol to a minor
– Terry Clinton Wilder, 48, of Suisun City, 8:30 p.m. Oct. 7 near 10th Street and Monterey Road after purchasing a 40-ounce bottle of beer for a minor during a decoy operation.
– Deputies are looking for a 32-year-old white Belmont man suspected of stealing $67,000 worth of jewelry from a bed-ridden female friend living on the 1200 block of East San Martin Avenue in San Martin, between 7:45 and 11:03 a.m. Oct. 10.
Annoying phone calls
– A girl on the 0 block of Denio Avenue in San Martin has received four phone calls from a restricted number in which the caller threatened to harm the girl and called her offensive names, between 9 a.m. Sept. 15 and 8:45 p.m. Oct. 8.
– Various outdoor cooking items worth $465 were stolen from the 14700 block of Murphy Avenue in Morgan Hill while the owner was in the process of moving to a new residence, between 2 and 3 p.m. Oct. 7.
– About 10,000 Delphinium Dasante Blue flowers worth an estimated $1,350 were stolen from Headstart Nursery, 4860 Monterey Highway, between 6 p.m. Oct. 7 and 8 a.m. Oct. 8.
– A 2003 black Carson trailer was stolen from an unlocked yard on the 13300 block of Kimble Court in San Martin, between 6 p.m. Oct. 5 and 9 a.m. Oct. 7.
Grand theft of a dog
– A large Bernese Mountain dog worth $2,400 was stolen from the 14900 block of Olive Avenue in Morgan Hill, between 5:15 and 5:30 p.m. Sept. 24.
– A Gilroy man’s identification information was used to open five cell phone accounts and three credit cards accounts, between 12 p.m. Sept. 10 and 5:43 p.m. Oct. 5.