October 31: The most wonderful time of the year? The number of
people who live nearby and make it a point to frighten willing
thrill-seekers could only fill a small graveyard, but no punches
are pulled at the haunted houses, ominous tours and neighborhood
October 31: The most wonderful time of the year? The number of people who live nearby and make it a point to frighten willing thrill-seekers could only fill a small graveyard, but no punches are pulled at the haunted houses, ominous tours and neighborhood spookfests.
The “Terror on Lassen Way” will return for its 14th appearance for one night only – Oct. 31 – from 6:30 to 10 p.m. Haunted graveyard creators Bob Johnston and Scott Janssen will once again convert Morgan Hill’s Lassen Way into a delightfully frightful display of high-tech mystery.
The event is free to the public, but donations will be accepted with proceeds going to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation.
Johnston and Janssen expect hundreds of brave souls to delight in its many spooky wonders.
“Terror on Lassen Way” will feature a haunted graveyard filled with special effects, including a thunder and lightning storm, creaking gates, wisecracking skulls, “breathing ground,” zombies trying to escape their graves, a clawing hand, tombstones that shift and shake, ghosts, gargoyles, bats, skeletons, special lighting, sound effects and coffins with disturbing surprises inside.
Johnston said the homemade haunt is appropriate for all ages.
To get to Lassen Way, travel west on Watsonville Road from Monterey Road. Turn left onto Venetian Way and stay to the right. The entrance to “Terror On Lassen Way” will be on the left.
More local Halloween events
Halloween Haunted House
– 7 to 9 p.m. today
– Si Se Puede! Learning Center, 500 I.O.O.F, Gilroy Apartments.
Halloween Party at Lizarran Tapas Restaurant
– 10 p.m. Saturday
– 7400 Monterey Street, Gilroy
– Details: 842-2095, lizarran-ca.com
– Come in costume for the Ultimate contest and enjoy spooky tunes.
Halloween Spooktacular at Gilroy Outlets
– 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday
– Gilroy Premium Outlets
– Children 12 and younger can trick or treat at participating merchants with pumpkin sign window displays and at the information center. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Free Trick-or-Treat bags and glow necklaces given to the first 1,000 children who stop by the information center located in Bldg. C.
Neighborhood spookfest at Squeaky Hinge
– 7 to 8:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday
– 565 Caprice Court, Morgan Hill
– The fun, all-age appropriate neighborhood haunt is free but a donation of canned food is requested, which the owner donates to the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Safe Trick or Treat in downtown Morgan Hill
– 5 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday
– On Monterey Road between Main Street and Dunne Avenue
– Safe Trick or Treat provides a fun and safe environment for children to experience Halloween.
World’s largest haunted house
– 5:30 to 11:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 5:30 to 10:30 p.m. Sunday
– Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, 334 Tully Road, San Jose
– The event is frightening and young children should stay at home; adults $18, children 12 and younger $12.