There have been quite a few comments from uniform/silk screen
vendors in town that are not happy because Little League is not
giving them our uniform business. This was after I criticized this
paper for discouraging local businesses from sponsoring us over the
fact that we use a company outside of Gilroy to supply our
There have been quite a few comments from uniform/silk screen vendors in town that are not happy because Little League is not giving them our uniform business. This was after I criticized this paper for discouraging local businesses from sponsoring us over the fact that we use a company outside of Gilroy to supply our uniforms.
All that said, we are not opposed to anyone submitting unsolicited bids for any services we require. We responded to one this year from a picture vendor and they got our business. Therefore, I have outlined our uniform specifications and service requirements below, which is exactly what we get today from our current vendor who supplies all of the items listed.
We want to maintain the same quality of uniform we use today as well as maintain the service level we receive from our current supplier. Mail any proposals to: P.O. Box 111, Gilroy, CA 95021 (email: [email protected]).
1. We only use officially-licensed Majestic Major League Baseball jerseys and hats because we are very serious about complying with MLB copyrights.
2. 120 Cotton MLB minor league jerseys – 10 teams of 12 – T-Ball doesn’t use MLB majors team uniforms but instead use minor league teams
3. 120 youth cotton matching team hats for players
4. 360 cotton MLB major league team jerseys – 30 teams of 12
5. 360 cotton matching team hats for players
6. 120 cotton MLB major league sleeveless jerseys – 10 teams of 12
7. 120 matching team visors for players
8. All jerseys listed above screened with numbers and sponsors
9. 180 MLB major league 2-button dri-fit 2-button jerseys with tackle-twill sewn-on 2-color numbers – 15 teams of 12
10. 180 matching wool team hats for players
11. 72 MLB major league team 2-button dri-fit sleeveless with 2-color, tackle-twill sewn-on 2-color numbers – 6 teams of 12
12. 72 matching team visors for players
13. All jerseys listed above screened with sponsors
14. Russell athletic baseball and softball pants to go with all of the above (girls juniors pants are more expensive and GLL will pay surcharges for those).
15. Matching socks and belts to go with all of the above
16. 3 wool coach’s hats per team for all of the above items, except T-Ball that get cotton due to the fact that minor league teams are not available in wool
17. Final uniform count subject to change up to 10% of this estimate but will be done at additional or reduced charge to GLL once known.
18. Performance guarantee – final order with sizes and team selections will be delivered to the vendor by Gilroy Little League on Feb. 1, 2012. Delivery of all items to GLL required on March 9, 2012. Penalties for each day delivery is late to be specified in a contract between GLL and vendor, since we need to have all uniforms handed out to teams by Opening Day in mid-March and our uniform coordinator and league directors need them delivered a week ahead of time as a result.
19. Payment terms – Net 30 upon receipt of all uniforms and invoice (no up-front payments) – no shipping charges.
20. No Little League board members or immediate family members can be employed by the vendor under any circumstances.
Jeff Sosa, 2010/2011 Gilroy Little League president