Do you agree with the change to state law that mandates gay,
lesbian and law that mandates gay, lesbian and bisexual history be
taught in public schools?
THIS WEEK’S WEB POLL:
Do you agree with the change to state law that mandates gay, lesbian and law that mandates gay, lesbian and bisexual history be taught in public schools?
– Yes. They are the most blatantly discriminated against people in the world. The very idea that they choose to be who they are is ridiculous! They are God’s children just like everyone else. n Not a fan of it, but a law is a law, I think it should be an elective course and only offered in high school.
– Yes. Our children should be given unbiased facts on this ever-growing issue which is no longer kept quiet by most of society. Parents should be given the information as well.
– “IF” that is how the law is worded, no. I understood that new texts were to include individuals/events showing no bias to sexual orientation.
– Sure. Teaching history is not advocating one way or another. Empower students to make up their own minds.
– No. I support gay rights but, just as I would not mandate the teaching of heterosexuality based historical references, would not do so for
– Yes. I believe that an unbiased view of the historical contributions of all people should be presented.
– NO. The homosexual lifestyle is a choice, and personal choices do not need to be given a special place of honor especially in public education. Whatever happened to reading, writing and arithmetic?
– Yes. If it is a part of history it should be taught.
– Absolutely not. I don’t see why sexual orientation is a category or history. If someone did something in history I don’t care and don’t want to know what their sexual orientation is. However, I don’t believe they should be excluded due to sexual orientation either.