El Roble Elementary School and the entire community came out in
full force on Sunday, Aug. 14 to support a fundraiser to benefit
Maya and Autumn Teso.
El Roble School community turns out in style to benefit family involved in car accident
El Roble Elementary School and the entire community came out in full force on Sunday, Aug. 14 to support a fundraiser to benefit Maya and Autumn Teso.
In July, Maya and Autumn, who are students at El Roble, were injured in a car accident along with their grandparents, Joyce and Howard Hall. Joyce, Howard and Maya are now home, but Autumn remains in the hospital while she gives the final one-two punch to an infection.
The fundraiser was a fantastic show of community spirit. Everything needed for the fundraiser was donated and 100 percent of the proceeds, close to $2,000 went to the Teso family.
We would like to thank everyone who made the day shine:
– Cathy Canales who was the spirit and energy behind the entire event.
– Principal of El Roble Elementary School, Scott Otteson and the Custodian, Brian Large. The El Roble blacktop became the car wash spot of the day.
– Kelly and Denise from Papa Murphy’s spent the day cooking and serving pizzas.
– The South County Derby Girls put together a beautiful bake sale and their flashy outfits and skates helped pull in business.
n Ace Hardware and Frank’s Mobile RV Wash donated everything needed to make all the cars squeaky clean.
– Buck-N-Horse Ranch brought out horses for pony rides.
– DJ Mike Hernandez kept the mood fun by providing music so that everyone could boogie while they worked.
n BBQ 152 provided lunch for the workers.
– Teachers, parents, students, and friends and family of the Teso/Hall families worked side by side washing cars and those who couldn’t be there to help donated their time and items needed for the day.
Thank you so much for everyone who helped make this fundraiser as spectacular as it was.
Charleen Lucio and Jennifer Farrington, Gilroy