Space is available in the Child Development Center of Gavilan
College, located at 5055 Santa Teresa Blvd.
Space is available in the Child Development Center of Gavilan College, located at 5055 Santa Teresa Blvd.
Open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, the center offers full-time and part-time options to children between the ages of two through five who are not eligible for kindergarten. Parents do not have to be enrolled at Gavilan College in order to take advantage of the program, which offers subsidized slots for income-eligible families, along with full cost programs that are open to the community.
Highly trained staff are CPR and first aid certified. Preschool programs incorporate reading, playing, learning, pre-kindergarten learning development guidelines, food for thought and desired results for children and families, according to a Gavilan College press release.
For program information, contact Director Susan E. Alonzo at (408) 848-4814 or by emailing [email protected]
For registration information, contact Departmental Assistant Cynthia Gonzales at
(408) 848-4815 or by emailing [email protected]
For center events, click here: Center Events
Visit the Child Development home page: Child Development
Center activities include:
– Childcare with personal attention and designated caregiver
– Breakfast, lunch, snack
– Creative art
– Nutrition education
– Literacy, music, computers
– Dramatic play
– Large and small group activities
– Math activities
– Circle-time activities
– Outdoor activities
– Self-help skills
– Sand and water play
– Campus walks
– Graduation ceremony
– Parental resources available
– Encourage and support cultural diversity
– Parent teacher conferences a minimum of twice a year
– Professional pictures taken twice a year – Fall and Spring
– Week of the Child celebration
– Annual trike-a-thon fundraiser for St. Judes Children’s Research Hospital
– Participation in campus activities
– Harvest family luncheon