Upcoming court dates for Gilroy crimes and matters. All hearings are scheduled for South County Courthouse in Morgan Hill, unless otherwise noted.
- The San Jose police officer who lives in Gilroy is accused of three counts of molesting two underage teen boys in 2008 and 2009. He pleaded not guilty on Sept. 6.
- March 1: Trial setting at 1:30 p.m.
- Fifty-one-year-old Gilroy woman was charged with murder after she was allegedly driving under the influence when she crashed on Highway 85. Her daughter and husband died in the crash Jan. 14.
- Feb. 23: Plea hearing at 2 p.m.
James Francis Lee
- Lee faces manslaughter and drunken driving charges after he crashed his vehicle into a parked car along Highway 101 while driving home from a heavy metal concert, killing 4-year-old Gilroy resident Jose Cortes-Diaz.
- Feb. 27: Motion to compel at 8:30 a.m.
- Former City Councilman Gartman was charged in May 2011 with the theft of more than $9,000 from the Gilroy Memorial Day Committee bank account. Gartman pleaded guilty Dec. 8.
- May 14: Proof of completion.
Bud Wally Ruiz
- Ruiz faces two counts of felony animal cruelty and one count of misdemeanor battery for allegedly killing a 6-week-old puppy.
- March 2: Felony advanced resolution at 8:30 a.m.
Larry Martinez murder case
- One suspect in the 2008 murder of 18-year-old Larry Martinez – Cristian Jimenez – has yet to be sentenced. Jimenez is an alleged Sureno gang member and is charged with murder and conspiracy charges.
- Feb. 27: Trial setting for Jimenez at 11 a.m. in San Jose.
- Yvonne Guerrero, 19, of Gilroy, and Veronica Guerrero, 27, of San Jose, are in custody for attempted murder. They were arrested Sept. 10 by the Gilroy Police Department. A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a third suspect, Carlos Montoya, of Milpitas, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office.
- March 14: Preliminary trial setting at 1:30 p.m.
Editor’s note: The South County Courthouse is located at 301 Diana Ave. in Morgan Hill.