Happy Mother’s Day! Treat mom …
Chocolate and wine
- Moms will receive a chocolate treat at Kirigin Cellars. Wash the chocolate down with a sip or two of our Cabernet Sauvignon or Pinot Noir. They will also have a few jewelry and art vendors to peruse. Visit Kirigin at 11550 Watsonville Road.
Symphony at the Mission
- South Valley Symphony and Opera San Jose will peform selections from “La Bohème,” “The Barber of Seville,” “Madama Butterfly,” “Tosca,” “La Cenerentola,” “The Pearl Fishers” and “Thais” at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, May 13 at Mission San Juan Bautista. Cost: $35, including reception in Mission Garden immediately following concert. Children younger than 18 and students with ID are free. Details: southvalleysymphony.org.
Break‘feast’ at the Elks
- Come to the charity breakfast Sunday, May 13 at 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. at the Gilroy Elks Lodge, 2765 Hecker Pass. Adults $17, children (under 12 years) $10. The menu is cooked from scratch and includes scrambled eggs or you may select an omelet of your choice, ham, sausage, hash browns, pancakes, biscuits, fresh strawberries, sliced peaches, juice, milk, coffee, and beverage. Open to Elks, their families and guests.
Flowers, fruit at Market
- Now in its second year, the Gilroy Farmers’ Market will pick up again Sunday, May 13 in its original spot, located in the parking lot of the Gilroy Interim Center for the Arts on the corner of Monterey and Seventh streets. Locals can stock up on fresh-grown goodness from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Sunday through Oct. 28.
Stones or Beatles battle
- For decades, the battle has raged: Beatles or Stones? The most infamous rivalry in music never played out in a public arena until now as both take the stage on Sunday, May 13 at the 9Lives Club in downtown Gilroy. Tickets at the door are $10. Details: www.ninelivesclub.com.