Burglary: An unknown suspect, Jan. 4 at 9:30 a.m. near the 5100 block of Redwood Retreat Road in Gilroy for breaking and entering a home and stealing $75 in coins and collector currency.
- An unknown suspect, May 25 at 5 p.m. near the 13000 block of Uvas Road in Morgan Hill for cutting a locked fence and stealing a pool heater.
- An unknown suspect, May 23 at 1 p.m. near the intersection of Alpet Drive and Hill Road in Morgan Hill for forcing entry into a locked shed and stealing an unknown amount of items.
Theft by false pretense
- An unknown suspect, June 4 at 9 a.m. near the 4700 block of Pacheco Pass Highway impersonated the grandchild of two victims. The suspect phoned the victims and asked them to send $4,500 via Western Union for bail. When the victims contacted their grandchild, the grandchild confirmed he had never asked anyone to wire him $4,500. The suspect’s identity and location is still unknown.
- An unknown suspect, June 3 at 8:30 p.m. in Moss Landing for stealing the license plates off a parked vehicle.
- An unknown suspect, May 17 at 12 p.m. at the Odyssey Community Day School in San Martin for stealing a $500 cell phone from a teacher’s laptop bag.
- An unknown suspect, June 6 at 8:15 p.m. near the 2700 block of Day and Watsonville roads in Gilroy for stealing a $900 generator.
- An unknown suspect, May 5 at 9 a.m. near the intersection of Murphy and San Martin avenues in San Martin for stealing license plates from two trailers.
- An unknown suspect, May 30 at 5:30 a.m. near the 5900 block of Rossi Lane in Gilroy for stealing a trailer from the front yard of a victim’s house.
- An unknown suspect, June 3 at 4:30 p.m. near the 4300 block of Davidson Avenue in Gilroy for stealing two inoperable forklifts estimated at $2,500.
- Colleen Lujan-Bridges, 31, June 3 at 1 p.m. near the 13000 block of Lincoln Avenue in San Martin for consuming half a pint of vodka and being unable to take care of herself due to her level of intoxication.
Grand theft/auto burglary/vandalism
- An unknown suspect, May 5 at 8 a.m. near the 16000 block of Oak Glen Avenue in Morgan Hill for stealing $5,700 in lawn equipment, tools and camping gear.
- An unknown suspect, Jan. 3 at 3:20 a.m. near the 8800 block of New Avenue in Gilroy for breaking the rear window of a victim’s car. The estimated damage is $1,000.
- An unknown suspect, May 30 at 12 a.m. near the 8700 block of New Avenue in Gilroy for putting sugar into the gas tank of a victim’s car. The damage amount has not been estimated.
- Luis Gonzallez, 21, June 3 at 12:59 a.m. near the intersection of Ronan Avenue and Church Street in Gilroy for possession of cocaine.
- Ruben Becerra-Mendoz, 47, June 2 at 4:13 p.m. near the intersection of Eigleberry and Seventh streets in Gilroy for possession of Methadone.
- Thomas Friebel, 55, June 25 at 3:44 a.m. near the 12000 block of Monterey Highway in San Martin for being under the influence of methamphetamine.
- An unknown suspect, May 30 at 3 p.m. near the 1900 block of West Edmundson Avenue in Morgan Hill for stealing an external satellite radio from the vehicle of a victim’s car.
- An unknown suspect, May 29 at 10 p.m. near the intersection of Murphy and East Middle avenues in San Martin for stealing a car.
Felony vandalism/probation violation
- Samuel Baca, 40, May 27 at 7:38 p.m. near Thousand Trails on Uvas Road in Morgan Hill for getting upset with trail employees and driving maliciously on purpose, causing an estimated $1,000 in damage to the premises.
Felony vandalism/resisting a peace officer
- Israel Zamora, 20, May 26 at 10:08 p.m. near the 14000 block of Columbet Avenue in San Martin for being loud at a party, challenging sheriff deputies, resisting arrest and breaking a patrol car window and metal door valued at $2,000.
Under the influence
- Roberto Ortega, 42, May 26 at 9:37 p.m. near the intersection of First Street and Wren Avenue in Gilroy for being under the influence of narcotics. Ortega admitted to smoking methamphetamine earlier in the day.
- Andrew Bettencourt, 29, May 25 at 11 a.m. near the intersection of Southside Drive and Rossi Street in Gilroy for probation violation.
Animal cruelty/public intoxication
- Valentin Jimenez, 39, April 29 at 3:54 p.m. near the intersection of Foothill and San Martin avenues in San Martin for riding his horse down the middle of a busy street and obstructing traffic. Jimenez pulled the reins extremely hard several times, causing the horse’s mouth to bleed and causing a skin injury to its face. The horse was missing a shoe and it limped badly. The horse was extremely sweaty and breathed heavily. Jimenez smelled strongly of alcohol and appeared to be under the influence. Jimenez was arrested and booked in the main jail in Santa Clara County.