Police respond to incidents of juveniles selling drugs at Las Animas Park

During the past week, police responded to calls for assaults, reports of stolen vehicles and juveniles selling marijuana. Here are a few incidents.
Suspect tries to steal trailer
On June 5 at 5:18 a.m., a suspect stole a trailer from the 2300 block of Hecker Pass Highway. The victim caught the suspect driving away with his trailer, and after calling police, he got in his vehicle and followed the suspect to the 1000 block of Welburn Avenue, where the suspect got out of the car and fled into a backyard before GPD arrived. The suspect drove a white Toyota truck.
Alleged drug dealing at Las Animas
On June 6 at 5:26 p.m., three juveniles were found in possession of marijuana, a digital scale, a few hundred dollars in cash and graffiti tools at Las Animas Park. The three of them collectively had about 65 grams of marijuana in their possession. They were each arrested for possession of marijuana for sale, and one also was arrested for possession of graffiti tools. The three were arrested and released to their parents.
More Las Animas Park drug dealers
On June 8 at 7:30 p.m., two juveniles were arrested at Las Animas Park for possession of marijuana for sales, after police allegedly caught them with 21 grams of marijuana, collectively, as well as a digital scale. They were arrested and released to their parents. (This incident does not appear to be related to the June 6 incident, according to police).
High-speed chase on U.S. 101
On June 8 at 9:50 p.m., police spotted a black Toyota Camry that failed to yield for a traffic stop on Monterey and Seventh streets. Police determined right away that the vehicle was stolen, and pursued the vehicle for about 10 miles southbound on U.S. 101. Police stopped the chase for safety reasons, Gallacinao said, as the driver of the Toyota Camry reached speeds of 110 miles per hour. At 3:30 a.m. on June 9, Santa Cruz Police recovered the vehicle after the driver had crashed it into a residence in Watsonville.
Drunk man assaulted
An intoxicated man was allegedly assaulted in the parking lot of Target and taken to Saint Louise Regional Hospital for head injuries at 10:30 p.m. on June 8. Police found him lying in the parking lot and bleeding after they responded to a call from someone who witnessed the assault. The man had no recollection of the incident, and initially resisted medical assistance.

Leave your comments