Check out the 1,001 reasons to visit the library this summer. The Adult Summer Reading Program is still going strong – and there’s still time to sign up. It runs through Aug. 31. Stop by the information desk upstairs and enter to win a giftcard. Read at least five books (you choose) and turn in your reading log by Aug. 31 to be entered to win an eReader. Track summer reading online at sccl-src-adults.bibliocommons.com.
The library is located at 350 W. Sixth St. Hours: Tuesday 1 to 9 p.m.; Wednesday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed Sundays, Mondays and major holidays
– 10:30 a.m. Saturdays: Bilingual family storytime (Cuentos canciones y mas). Join librarians for books, songs, rhymes and fun.
– 5 p.m. Wednesdays: ESL conversation club: Ven y practica tus habilidades de conversacion en ingles dentro de un ambiento relajado. Es gratis sin registracion.
– 10:30 a.m. Thursdays: Preschool storytime (ages 2 to 5).
– 2 p.m. Saturday: Historical fiction author event with authors Vanitha Sankaran, Priscilla Royal, Madeleine Robins and Gillian Bagwell will discuss their writing craft and answer questions. There’s an opportunity to purchases signed copies.
– 3:30 p.m. Saturday: Open poetry readings with the Garlicky Group of Poets. Everyone welcome to read or just listen. Ed Nauss at 779-4999.
Details: www.santaclaracountylib.org/gilroy or call (408) 842-8207.