Gilroy police arrests July 10 through July 17.
- Benedicto Lopez, 22 of Salinas, 1:46 a.m. July 15 on Fifth Street for driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 or higher and driving under the influence.
- Jackie Ortez, 26 of Gilroy, 11:21 a.m. July 17 for two warrants: driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 or higher and driving while under the influence.
- Luis Figueroa, 45 of Gilroy, 11:14 p.m. July 9 on Sunrise Drive for assault with a deadly weapon.
- Christia Salazar, 20 of Gilroy, 11:50 p.m. July 11 on Camino Arroyo for vandalism and battery on a former spouse or fiance.
- Timothy Ibanez, 22 of Gilroy, 9:55 p.m. July 13 on Eigleberry Street for battery.
- Jose Coronado, 26 of Gilroy, 5:23 p.m. July 14 on Church Street for battery against a spouse.
- Travis Harris, 19 of Gilroy, 2:30 p.m. July 11 on Hanna Street for a warrant arrest for possession of marijuana.
- David Tovar, 19 of Modesto, 2:37 a.m. July 13 on Gourmet Alley for possession of a controlled substance/paraphernelia.
- Larry Lucero, 45 of Gilroy, 1:15 a.m. July 13 on Monterey Road for a postrealease violation and possession of a controlled substance.
- Roberto Torres, 28 of Gilroy, 5:25 p.m. July 16 on Church Street for a postrealease violation.
- Justo Montes, 41 of Gilroy, 5:58 p.m. July 16 on Fourth Street for a postrealease violation.
Drinking in public
- Kevin Barnes, 40 of Gilroy, 3;35 p.m. July 11 on First Street for intoxicating liquor in a public place.
- Veronica Padilla, 40 of Gilroy, 1:15 a.m. July 13 on Lewis Street for intoxicating liquor in a public place.
- Joseph Ortiz, 24 of Gilroy, 1:12 a.m. July 14 on Farrell Avenue for intoxicating liquor in a public place.
- Anthony Pineda, 21 of Los Banos, 1:12 a.m. July 14 on Farrell Avenue for intoxicating liquor in a public place.
- George Ellis, 25 of Gilroy, 11:08 p.m. July 11 on 11 Street for a parole hold and robbery.
- Nancy Beam, 54 of San Juan Bautista, 3:37 p.m. July 12 on Wren Avenue for failing to provide evidence of financial responsibility, using a wireless cell phone while driving and driving with suspended privileges.
- Lazaro Barrios, 22 of Gilroy, 4:05 p.m. July 12 on Mantelli and Arbor for driving with privileges suspended.
- Michelle Sargent, 20 of San Jose, 3:12 p.m. July 13 on Arroyo Circle for failing to provide evidence of financial responsibility, disobeying signs and driving with privileges suspended.
- Frank Thomas, 29 of Gilroy, 4:24 p.m. July 16 on Santa Teresa Boulevard for failing to provide financial evidence of responsibility and speed contest violation.
Under the influence
- Genaro Henandez, 25 of Gilroy, 11:52 p.m. July 13 on Old Gilroy Street for being under the influence of alcohol.
- Scott Rupright, 54 of Gilroy, 3:15 p.m. July 14 on First Street for being under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.
- Raul Silva, 59 of Gilroy, 9:25 a.m. July 13 on Forest Street for four or more stolen access cards and willful disobedience of court order.
Injury of a child
- Hector Bernal, 36 of Gilroy, 4:40 p.m. July 13 on Monterey Road for corporal punishment and injury of a child.
Hit and run
- Emmanuel Gregoso, 29 of Gilroy, 12:22 a.m. July 14 on Monterey Street for driving while unlicensed and hit and run.
- Donald Jones, 52 of Morgan Hill, 8:02 a.m. July 14 on Monterey Street for petty theft, vandalism and possession of burglary tools.
- Angelina Youtsey, 22 of Gilroy, 10:20 p.m. July 14 on First and Kelton for second degree burglary, possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance and being under the influence of drugs.
- Gabriel Deherrera, 26 and a transient, 9:41 p.m. July 14 on Camino Arroyo for burglary, petty theft with three or more priors and second-degree burglary.
- Jonny Sandoval, 46 of Gilroy, 7 a.m. July 16 on First Street for possession of narcotics, marijuana and possession of a controlled substance.