Arrests by the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Department through Oct. 7.
- An unknown suspect, Sept. 19 at 5:25 p.m. near the 400 block of Fitzgerald Avenue in San Martin, tried to steal a pitchfork from the front lawn of a victim’s home. The victim confronted the suspect and tried to stop the suspect from taking the pitchfork. A struggle ensued, during which the victim was cut in the right arm. The suspect fled the scene and is currently at large. The victim recovered her pitchfork.
Failure to register narcotics
- Diana Barbosa, 48, Sept. 17 at 5:11 p.m. at the Caltrain station in Gilroy for failing to register as a narcotics registrant at her new address. Barbosa was riding her bicycle on a VTA platform and was stopped by a police officer for the violation. The officer found out that Barbosa has lived at an address in Gilroy for approximately 18 months and is registered to a different address.
Recovered stolen firearms
- While doing yard maintenance on Sept. 22 at 6 p.m. on the 11800 block of Church Avenue in San Martin, a resident found two firearms underneath his hedge that borders the roadway. The firearms were rusted and covered with dirt. A check of the firearms’ serial numbers revealed the shotgun was reported stolen out of the Polk County Sherriff’s Office in Tennessee, while the handgun was reported stolen by the Hollister Police Department.
- Unknown suspects, Sept. 18 at 6 p.m. near the 38000 block of Whiskey Flat Road in Hollister stole a Suzuki motorcycle. The owner had left the keys in the ignition. The suspect(s) are still at large.
- Unknown suspects, Sept. 21 at 8 p.m. near the 1000 block of New Avenue in Gilroy stole a Ford F350 truck and a horse trailer with four saddles inside of it. The trailer was located in the morning and partially stripped of its metal. The truck has not been recovered and the suspect(s) are still at large.
- Unknown suspects, Sept. 19 at 12 p.m. near the 6600 block of Redwood Retreat Road in Gilroy broke into a 2003 Jetta and stole an iPod and Sirius satellite receiver worth $200. The suspect(s) are still at large.
- Unknown suspects, Sept. 26 at 5:30 a.m. near Hummingbird Lane in San Martin broke into a 1999 Dodge Caravan and stole a victim’s purse containing cash, credit cards and other miscellaneous items with a total value of approximately $600. The suspect(s) are still at large.
Under the influence/possession
- Guadalupe Espinoza, 45, Sept. 22 at 8:21 p.m. near the intersection of Monterey Highway and San Martin Avenue in San Martin for being under the influence of methamphetamines and possessing a glass pipe. Espinoza was booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.
- Deandre Harris, 28, Sept. 27 at 5:43 p.m. near at the Coyote Bait and Tackle Shop in Morgan Hill attempted to steal a beer from the store. Police found her to be in possession of methamphetamine and a methamphetamine pipe. Harris was also under the influence of a controlled substance and was violating her probation. She was booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.
- Juan Rios, 61, Oct. 9 at 2:26 a.m. near the intersection of Furlong Avenue and Pacheco Pass Highway in Gilroy for possessing and being under the influence of methamphetamines. Rios was booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.
- An unknown suspect, Sept. 24 at 9:30 a.m. near the 1400 block of East Middle Avenue in San Martin caused approximately $2,000 in damage to a victim’s stainless steel gate. The suspect is still at large.
- Unknown suspects, Sept. 25 at 6 p.m. near the 2800 block of Tohara Way broke the glass door of a victim’s residence. The total damage was $400. The suspect(s) are still at large.
Evading a police officer/possession
- Luciano Goff, 33, Sept. 26 at 8:50 a.m. at Gavilan College in Gilroy for evading police officers and possession of drug paraphernalia. Goff already had multiple warrants for his arrest.
Possession of concentrated cannabis
- Daniel Martinez, 36, Sept. 29 at 1:56 a.m. near the intersection of Church and Center avenues in San Martin for possession of more than 28.5 ounces of concentrated cannabis. A police officer came in contact with Martinez and smelled the odor of cannabis. Martinez admitted to having marijuana in his backpack, where police located 2.8 ounces of marijuana and 4.2 grams of concentrated marijuana. Martinez also admitted to snorting cocaine a few hours prior. He was arrested and booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.
Stolen vehicle, possession of stolen property, possession of counterfeit bill
- Mario Santiago, 34, Sept. 29 at 10:48 a.m. near the 11000 block of Center Avenue in Gilroy was seen jumping fences in a rural neighborhood. Santiago led a police officer on a foot pursuit before he was detained and taken into custody. The 2005 Toyota Camry that Santiago was previously driving had been reported stolen by the Gilroy Police Department. Santiago also had two counterfeit $5 bills in his wallet, along with eight hypodermic needles and a baggie of marijuana in the Toyota. Santiago was booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.
- An unknown suspect, Sept. 30 at 12 p.m. near the 13000 block of Pacheco Pass Highway in Gilroy reached through the open window of a 1995 Jetta and stole a wallet and cell phone valued at $610. The suspect is still at large.
- Joseph Sanchez, 36, Oct. 1 at 10:43 p.m. at the National 9 Motel parking lot on Monterey Road in Gilroy for being in the possession of methamphetamine and two methamphetamine pipes, as well as being under the influence of methamphetamines. Sanchez had not registered his new residence per his narcotic registration requirements for one year. He was booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.
- Teddy Diaz, 41, Oct. 5 at 7:43 p.m. near the intersection of Church Street and Welburn Avenue in Gilroy for probation violation and being in possession of methamphetamines.
Possession of a controlled substance, narcotics registration violation
- Randy Hicks, 21, Oct. 6 at 2:35 p.m. near the intersection of South Street and Llagas Avenue in San Martin for being in possession of the drug Clonazepan and failing to not register as a narcotics registrant at his most recent address, where he has lived for the last two years. Hicks was arrested and booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.
Possession of methamphetamines/transportation of methamphetamines
- Angela Villalobos, 44, Oct. 7 at 12:33 a.m. near the intersection of Dunlap and Ferguson avenues in Gilroy for being in possession of methamphetamines, a meth pipe, digital scale, a torn shopping bag used for packaging, several pieces of identification, a cell phone with a text message indicative of drug sales and another unknown powder. Villalobos was booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.
- Rosie Levario, 44, Sept. 26 at 1:30 a.m. near the 1800 block of Church Avenue in San Martin for calling and texting a female victim who had filed a no-contact domestic violence restraining order against Levario. He is on two active grants of felony probation that expire August 2015.
Drunk in public
- Javier Rangel, 40, Oct. 7 at 2:18 a.m. near the intersection of Monterey Highway and Cohansey Avenue in Gilroy for being drunk in public and unable to take care of himself. Rangel was booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.
Possession of heroin
- Theodore Gonzales, 65, Oct. 7 at 9:51 p.m. near the intersection of Bolsa Road and Bloomfield Avenue in Gilroy for possessing a black, tar-like substance that tested presumptive positive for heroin. Gonzales was booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.
Under the influence
- Elizabeth Aguilar, 45, Oct. 7 at 11:28 p.m. near the intersection of Santa Teresa Boulevard and Mesa Road in Gilroy for being under the influence of methamphetamine. Augilar was booked into the main Santa Clara County Jail.