Gilroy Police responded to a variety of crimes from Jan. 16-21, including auto burglary, commercial burglary, shoplifting, assault, narcotics, robbery, and rape.
- Jan. 19 at 10:11 a.m. on the 7400 block of Miller Avenue, a motorist failed to make a complete stop at a stop sign. After being stopped, police discovered the driver was unlicensed and in possession of marijuana.
- Jan. 20 at 9:35 a.m. on the 7100 block of Alexander Street, Evaristo Mendoza, 58, was arrested for being in possession of heroin packaged for sale. Mendoza was discovered while police were in inspecting a transient encampment located on Union Pacific Railroad property.
- Jan. 19 at 2 p.m. on the 8100 block of Swanston Lane, an unknown suspect forced entry into a storage locker and stole various pieces of construction equipment and collectable items valued at more than $12,000.
- Jan. 16 at 5 p.m. at the intersection of Rosanna and First streets, an unknown suspect smashed the left wing window of a vehicle and stole a jump starter worth $70.
- Jan. 18 at 5 p.m. on the 7300 block of Monterey Street, an unknown suspect smashed the passenger side window of a vehicle and stole a stereo with a flip-up screen.
- Jan. 19 at 8:30 p.m. on the 7400 block of Railroad Street, an unknown suspect smashed the rear passenger side window of a white Toyota 2003 Corolla and stole a brown leather purse, a wallet, a Kaiser card and a Wells Fargo credit card.
- Jan. 20 at midnight on the 7100 block of Church Street, an unknown suspect stole a stereo face plate, charging cords, three CDs, perfume and a vacuum cleaner from a silver 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage.
- Jan. 20 at 5:30 a.m. on the 7600 block of Monterey Street, an unknown suspect broke the driver’s side rear window of a vehicle and stole an HP Laptop and a black nylon laptop bag.
- Jan. 20 at 7 p.m. on the 7900 bock of Arroyo Circle, unknown suspects forced entry into a locked vehicle and stole an iPad, a purse and the purse’s misc. contents.
- Jan. 21 at 6:39 p.m. on the 8500 block of Church Street, an unknown suspect broke the front passenger side window of a vehicle and stole a bag containing a Blackberry cell phone, a Dell Latitude laptop and a leather laptop bag.
- Jan. 17 at 5:40 a.m. on the 8300 block of Gaunt Avenue, a female subject claimed that her husband assaulted her. Case is under review by the District Attorney’s Office.
- Jan. 18 at 3:30 p.m. on the 8000 block of Swanston Lane, a victim alleged that a suspect known to the victim brandished a kitchen knife at her then hit her head and arm. The incident was following a verbal confrontation that escalated. There were no visible signs of injury.
- Jan. 18 at 10:47 p.m. on the 300 block of Fourth Street, Laura Ann Maquinalez, 42, was arrested for assaulting her spouse of eight years with a set of car keys.
- Jan. 17 at 3:12 p.m. on the 800 block of First Street, a woman said she might have been drugged and raped. Suspect was located and interviewed by Gilroy Police. This case is still under investigation.
- Jan. 17 at 3:36 p.m. on the 800 block of First Street, Misty Witt, 18, was arrested by CVS loss prevention for shoplifting. She was later cited and released.
- Jan. 19 at 7 a.m. on the 8300 block of Forest Street, Gabriel Cabrera, 26, was arrested after making threats to kill his neighbor using a gun. The associated male was also arrested, but for public intoxication.
- Jan. 20 at 2 p.m. on the 7700 block of Wren Avenue, Lorie Bustinza, 33, was arrested for walking up to a victim in her car, punching her in the head and grabbing her purse from the vehicle. Bustinza and the victim’s purse were both located at Bustinza’s residence.