Gilroy Police responded to a variety of crimes Jan. 24-30, including burglaries, assaults, vandalism, stolen vehicles and rape.
- Jan. 25 at 1:08 p.m. on the 7100 block of Camino Arroyo a thief, Paul Rangel, 43, Nathan Saldana, 30, and Albert Saldana, 54, were arrested for stealing several iPads from Wal-Mart. The property was recovered.
- Jan 25. at approximately 6 p.m. on the 200 block of Mayock Road, $13,780 worth of tools, equipment and fencing was stolen.
- Jan. 26 at 7:30 p.m. on the 1200 block of First Street, an unknown suspect broke out the front door glass to the Pet Shop and made entry. Approximately $150 was stolen from the register.
- Jan. 25 at 5:23 p.m. on the 7100 block of Camino Arroyo unknown suspect(s) stole a men’s Cruiser bicycle and a men’s Sidewinder bicycle from Wal Mart.
- Jan. 26 at 8:50 p.m. at the Quik Stop Market on the 8400 block of Church Street a male walked into the store, selected two cases of beer and walked out without paying for them. The male was last seen fleeing southbound on Church Street.
- Jan. 18 at 5 p.m. on the 7500 block of Murry Avenue, a victim claims that the suspect assaulted her causing a broken finger and bruising to her arm. This case is under review by the district attorney’s office. The suspect was served with an emergency protective order.
- Jan. 28 at 7:26 p.m. on the 800 block of Carmel Street Maria Paz-Garcia, 40, threw scissors at her husband, striking him and causing minor injury.
- Jan. 24 at 12 noon on the 8400 block of Church Street, an unknown suspect stole three phones from a Metro PCS store valued at $1,460.
- Jan. 24 at 1:05 p.m. on the 200 block of IOOF Avenue, a 13 year-old male damaged his foster mother’s black 2006 Mercedes 500.
- Jan. 28 at 1:30 a.m. on the 8300 Monterey Street, unknown suspect(s) removed an AC unit and crawled through a window and stole a TV.
- Jan. 24 at 10 a.m. on the 900 block of Casciano Circle, an unknown suspect stole a black 1993 Honda Civic. The car was later located one mile away.
- Jan. 23 at 7:40 p.m. on the 300 block of W. Sixth Street an unknown male suspect used bolt cutters to cut the bike chain off of a bike that was secured at the Gilroy Library. The bike is a Haro brand bike, blue/gray in color with dark colored decals. The serial number on the bike is unknown.
- Jan. 24 at approximately noon on the 7500 block of Monterey Street, an unknown suspect broke the passenger side window of a Blue 2009 Toyota Prius and stole a black leather bag from the vehicle containing two checkbooks.
- Jan. 26 at 9 p.m. on the 7400 block of Monterey Street unknown suspect(s) broke into a vehicle and stole music equipment valued at approximately $2,885.
- Jan. 22 at 4 p.m. near the intersection of Church Street and Mantelli Drive, a victim reported a sexual assault. Investigation is in process.