Seven Gilroy-area runners finished in the Top 10 at the Monterey Bay League Center Meet II Wednesday at Toro Park.
Gilroy’s Monica Ruelas was the top overall finisher, taking first place with a time of 21:54.94. Teammate Briseida Perez was close behind, finishing in 22:53.72 which was good for third place. The Mustangs girls finished second as a team, scoring a 55 behind Everett Alvarez’s 43.
The Gilroy boys team took first overall as a team thanks to strong performances by Sean Kaufman (18:15.46) and Jose Tony Barrados (18.19.62), who took third and fourth, respectively. Kairo Barrosa also finished in the Top 10, taking ninth in a time of 18:29.04 for Gilroy. The Mustangs scored 44 points as a team ahead of Alvarez’s 59. The Christopher boys were seventh with 142 points.
Cougar runners Vicky Fox and Natalie Filippi took eighth and ninth, respectively, to round out the Top 10 finishers. Fox finished in a time of 23.44.66, while Filippi ran a 24:06.59.
Other finishers were:
11. Eric Heiser, Gilroy, 18:36.80
17. Michael Kropff, Gilroy, 19:13.47
21. Jesus Ochoa, Gilroy, 19.37.77
25. Domenik Spirer, Christopher, 20:08.09
26. Sawyer Ciccone, Christopher, 20:14. 08
29. Austin Hudson, Christopher, 20:32.08
30. Alejandro Diaz, Christopher, 20:37.98
32. Jacob Buchner, Christopher, 20:45.54
33. Andre’ Selby, Christopher, 20:56.67
38. Brandon Ellenberg, Christopher, 21:37.75
16. Jackelyn Gomez Gonzalez, Gilroy, 25:00.06
17. Karla Lozano, Gilroy, 25:03.62
24. Cecilia Naranjo, Gilroy, 26:27.66
28. Maria Trujillo, Gilroy, 29:47.48
29. Rosa Rodriguez, Gilroy, 29:47.95
Christopher will be back in action at the MBL Center Meet III, Oct. 22 at Christmas Hill Park. Gilroy will run the Monterey Bay Invitational at 8 a.m. Oct. 18 at Toro Park.
Find out when and where your favorite Cougar and Mustang teams are playing today and tomorrow:
Today: Girls Golf vs. Gilroy, Gavilan Golf Course, 3:30 p.m.; Girls Water Polo vs. Monterey*, at Santa Catalina, 6 p.m.; Volleyball vs. San Benito*, 6:30 p.m.
Tomorrow: Football vs. Watsonville*, 7:30 p.m.
Today: Girls Golf vs. Christopher, Gavilan Golf Course, 3:30 p.m.; Field Hockey at St. Ignatius*, 3:45 p.m.; Girls Tennis vs. Notre Dame*, 4 p.m.; Boys Water Polo vs. Stevenson, 4 p.m.; Girls Water Polo vs. Stevenson, 5 p.m.; Volleyball at North Monterey County*, 6:30 p.m.
Tomorrow: Football vs. Alisal*, 7:30 p.m.
*Denotes league contest.