Suspected gang-related baseball bat attack on IOOF Avenue

Over the past week, police responded to several calls of burglary and theft. Here are a few incidents:

Suspect steals belongings from woman who refuses to prostitute

At 12:05 a.m. on July 30 on Eigleberry and Church Streets, a suspect and a 20-year-old woman were on their way from Los Angeles to Sacramento, so she could prostitute herself there. For unknown reasons, they ended up in Gilroy for the night, when the woman changed her mind. The suspect became upset at her and refused to return her personal belongings, including her laptop, iPhone, clothes and shoes valued at $2,000. The suspect is outstanding, drives silver 2012 Toyota Camry and lives in the Sacramento area.

“It’s primarily the theft charge, however when the victim changed her mind, we understand that the suspect became upset and possibly threatened the victim with her life,” Gilroy Police Sgt. Chad Gallacinao said.

Police plan to send the investigation to the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office.

Suspected gang-related baseball bat assault

At 5:30 p.m. on July 30, several unknown suspects approached a man on the 200 block of IOOF Avenue near Rebecca’s Children’s Home, and asked him where he was from before one of the suspects bashed him with a baseball bat, knocking him unconscious and breaking several of his teeth. The victim was taken by a private vehicle to a local hospital.  Police are investigating this as a gang related incident, Gallacinao said.

Juveniles arrested for grand theft

Two juveniles were arrested for grand theft at 9 p.m. on Aug. 1, for allegedly stealing items from four vehicle in the neighborhood near Loganberry Drive and Senegal Court in one night. The suspects, a 17-year-old female and a 17-year-old male, stole thousands of dollars worth of items from the cars, including somebody’s rent check, baseball equipment, a laptop, a digital camera, prescription glasses, various other electronics and spray paint. The female suspect is a resident of the Senegal Court neighborhood. Both teens were arrested and released to their parents.