A Hollister family is displaced after a house fire Tuesday morning in the 1500 block of Cembellin Drive.
The fire started around 6:30 a.m. Two adults and three children inside the home escaped without injury, but a Hollister firefighter did sustain injuries that could keep him “out for a while,” said fire Capt. Mike O’Connor.
Fire investigators believe the blaze started outside – possibly originating in a green waste container or due to spontaneous combustion – and moved its way into the house, doing much of the damage to the attic and burning a hole through the roof.
The damage estimate is about $50,000, and the family will be displaced for a month or two, O’Connor said.
The Hollister and San Benito County fire departments responded, and the San Juan Bautista Fire Department covered the City of Hollister during the blaze.