Jesus restaurant is open for business after a brief shutdown caused by minor damage from an accidental fire. 

The fire happened about 10:35 p.m. Feb. 23 at the restaurant at 93 East Third St., according to authorities. 

The cause of the fire was burning grease that heated up in the kitchen stove, which was not turned off when employees closed the restaurant, the owner’s daughter Evelyn Gomez said last week. 

Firefighters said about $5,000 in damage was reported, and the fire was mostly out when they got there as the restaurant’s sprinkler system was activated by the fire. 

The restaurant was closed until Wednesday, according to an employee who answered the phone Thursday. The restaurant is now open on its regular schedule. 

Previous articleFatal drive-by shooting plea hearing postponed
Next articleMiss California 2011 to visit Gilroy


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here